Sr. Systems Engineer
Complete Technology Services is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our growing team!
Complete Technology Services (CTS) is a managed service provider supporting the technology needs of businesses around the Midwest.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for configuring and supporting the server, network architecture, and cloud of Complete Technology’s growing client base.
- Monitor, configure and maintain network data backups and integrity to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery
- Ensure Complete Technology meets all Service Level Agreements with customers, both internal and external
- Provide superior customer service demonstrating professionalism, helpfulness, and care to all customers
- Configuration of new network environments – servers, firewalls, switches, routers, WAPs
- Document in real-time all support requests regardless of source, any actions taken, and their resolution in the Complete Technology ticketing system
- Mentor and provide technical assistance for support technicians
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience configuring and maintaining Virtualized Servers on premise and Cloud
- Experience configuring and maintaining network switches, routers, firewalls and VPN
- Experience configuring and maintaining DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, TCP/IP, routing, and VLANs
- Superior customer service skills, ability to troubleshoot and explain complex issues to non-technical individuals
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Solid interpersonal and team skills
- Solid documentation and reporting skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational, analytical, and prioritization skills
- Basic SQL Server experience preferred
- Automation (scripting and imaging)
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50lb on occasion
- Frequent standing, sitting, or walking as tasks demand
- May be required to commute to Kansas City metro area client offices on occasion
- Occasional travel to client locations outside the Kansas City Metro
- Some after hours and weekend work may be necessary
- Some 24x7 On Call rotation for client support may be necessary
- 5+ years’ experience in Information Technology infrastructure support
- Associate degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent training preferred.