Complete Technology Services is looking for a Desktop Support Specialist to join our growing team!
Complete Technology Services (CTS) is a managed service provider supporting the technology needs of businesses around the Midwest.
The Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for taking ownership of tickets from the remote help desk using superior customer service. This person also supports end-users of all skill levels via phone, email, remote access, or in person at sites throughout the Kansas City metro area and must provide solutions in a timely manner and document all issues and resolutions.
- Provide point of contact and ticket escalation ownership for all company clients and related tickets escalated from our remote help desk
- Provide support assistance for Network Administrator on basic networking tasks, including but not limited to: file restore requests, data center cabling, and hardware installation
- Support all tasks required Desktop Support Technicians; such as but not limited to printer installs, password resets, and new hire and departing employee account management
- Promptly and professionally resolve workstation, printer, phone and other computer-related support calls for software, hardware or connectivity issues via phone, email, or in person at client sites throughout the KC Metro area
- Provide superior customer service demonstrating professionalism, helpfulness, and care to all of our clients
- Document all support requests (regardless of source), actions taken, and the resolution.
- Though rare, evening and weekend work and 24x7 on-call rotation is possible depending on client project schedules
- Ensure we are delivering on all Service Level Agreements with our clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced knowledge maintaining and configuring PCs and Laptops; including but not limited to Windows 7 and newer, networking, Office/Open Office apps, Internet and anti-virus, required.
- Superior customer service skills, ability to troubleshoot and explain complex issues to non-technical individuals, required
- Experience maintaining Office 365 user accounts, required
- Experience supporting Macs in a business environment, strongly preferred
- Experience using ConnectWise, strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of Windows 2008-16 servers, desirable
- Basic understanding of network switches, routers, firewalls and VPN, desirable
- Solid written and oral communication skills, required
- Solid interpersonal and team skills, required
- Solid documentation and reporting skills, required
- Ability to multi-task, required
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, required
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and self-sufficient, required
- Microsoft, A+, N+, and/or S+ certifications, desirable
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50lb on occasion.
- Ability to use hands/tools for PC related hardware repair and/or replacement.
- Position primarily requires work using a PC and phone.
- Climbing ladders or crawling under desks may be necessary for occasional tasks.
- Frequent standing, sitting, or walking as tasks demand.
- May be required to commute to Kansas City metro area client offices on occasion.
- Some after hours and weekend work may be necessary, per client schedules.
- Some 24x7 On Call rotation for client support may be necessary.
- 2+ years’ experience in an IT support environment, preferably with hands on Help Desk experience with increasing levels of responsibility, required